I respect the EU's General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) and this policy explains how I collect and treat any information you give me.
Valuing your privacy
I'll never use your personal information for any reason other than why you gave it, and I'll never give anyone access to it unless you have given me your permission, or I'm forced to by law.
How I collect information
I ask for contact information including your name, email address, and phone number on my website so that I can reply to your enquiry.
I'll ask for further contact information when you hire me so that we can do business.
Occasionally, I might receive your contact information from one of my partners. If I do, I will protect it in exactly the same way as if you give it to me directly.
What information I hold
When you contact me by email or through this website, I collect your name, email address, phone number, and the company you work for, if you've chosen to provide that information. If you do business with me, I also collect your business name and postal address, and keep records of the invoices and the payments you make. If you provide me with a service I'll need your bank details to pay you.
Where I store your information
When you contact me by email or through this website, I store your your information in my email (I use Outlook mail). If you become a client, your information is also stored in my accounts software, Xero . These systems are also commitment to your privacy and security.
Disclosures of your personal data
I may have to share your personal data with the parties set out below:
- Service providers who provide IT and system administration services.
- Professional advisers including lawyers, bankers, auditors and insurers.
- Government bodies that require me to report processing activities.
- Third parties to whom I partner with do to business, such as a back-end developer.
- I will always ask for your permission before I share your details with third parties, unless forced by law.
- When it's necessary to store your information in third-party services, I restrict access only to people who need it. I store passwords in 1password an encrypted password manager, use a different, randomly generated password for each service, and never use the same password twice.
Cookies are used on this site to track your use of this website. This enables me to understand how you use the site and track any patterns with regards how you are using this website. This helps me to develop and improve the website. You can block cookies at any time by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies), you may not be able to access all or parts of this site.
How to complain
I take complaints very seriously. If you've any reason to complain about the ways I have handled your privacy, please contact John Littleford by email at: email@example.com
Changes to the policy
If I change the contents of this policy, those changes will become effective the moment I publish them on this website.
Last updated: 01/05/19